How provisioning tools and automation can drastically reduce overhead
We all know the unexpected blow dealt by the global pandemic to IT organizations around the world—we lived through it. Overnight, IT teams were forced to accommodate remote work environments, adjust access and security policies on the fly, and deploy new collaboration and meeting technologies. As the “temporary” remote work plans became longer term, and even as restrictions ease, it has becoming clear that a hybrid work environment is here to stay. According to analyst group Nemertes, 56% of business leaders plan to allow work-from-home moving forward, so UC and CC teams will need to factor demand for on-the-fly provisioning and last minute MACD changes for a constantly in-flux workforce into their future planning.
Has Necessity Led to More Complexity in Hybrid Work Environments?
With the increase in new apps combined with employees working in both home and company offices, the complexity of managing these applications is higher than ever. Many of the capabilities added to accommodate collaboration in remote work were made from necessity, and in many cases without the testing and training that would have been mandatory in the past. It is now imperative that IT leaders take a step back to ensure an optimal communications environment.
Kurmi Software and analyst firm Metrigy recently hosted a brisk discussion of how successful IT organizations are leveraging provisioning tools and automation to reduce IT administrator overhead and onboard employees more quickly.
Webinar: Tips for Managing UC, Contact Center in the Future Workplace
Robin Gareiss, CEO and principal analyst with Metrigy joined Kurmi’s COO Pascal Moindrot to discuss:
- The core pain points IT administrators—and employees—face
- The UC and CC administration functions best suited for easy automation or employee self-service
- How IT staffs can build a business case to win budget for these new tools
- What specialty tools can do to improve provisioning, particularly in multi-vendor environments
- How to extend the value of administration tools through integration with ITSM, teams, platforms, and processes